Hunting has become one of the most popular hobbies that many people decide to take up. The thrill of adventure, the satisfaction you get every time you bring back a trophy, there are a lot of reasons for you to take up hunting. In hunting, there is a thing called “deer hunting season” which attract a lot of attention from hunters all over the world. Deer hunting has even been shown on national broadcast. The reason for the popularity is because deer hunting is one of the simplest yet most complicated forms of hunting that both beginner and veteran hunters can enjoy. However, just like other form of hunting, preparation is needed for deer hunting and to hunt without preparing guarantee you an unsuccessful hunting season.
It is a misconception that you are going to need to prepare for your hunt just a few days before the actual hunt. Doing so only make you feel unprepared for the hunt and during preparation, chances are you are going to forget something.
In fact, you are going to have to spend weeks before the season to make sure that you have everything you need to make your hunting smooth as it should be .
- Scout your hunting location. One of the most important thing that any hunters should know is their hunting location. Why is that you may ask? Because if you do not know your location, you are not going to know where your prey is, what is its eating habits, what obstacles may come to your way and you cannot prepare accordingly. As such, with the help of a map, you should try to scout your hunting location before the actual hunting season begins to gather info about where the nest of your prey is, where it tend to eat, etc… so you can easily track your prey as well as lay trap beforehand to guarantee a successful hunting season. The more information you manage to gather the better
- Choose your gun. As a hunter, of course it is important to choose your gun before the actual hunting season begin. And do not think that you can just pick whatever gun you want to use and you are set to go. In fact, even if you manage to choose your gun, you are going to have to practice with it as well so that you know how to handle the gun in every situation and you know what to expect with each shot you take such as the repulse from the gun. And with each gun, the factors you need to know are going to change. For example, with a gamo silent cat which is a quieter type of a gun, you are just going to need to aim correctly and you will get your prey whereas if you use an air rifle, which can be a little bit noisy, one mistake can cause you the hunt. So you need to choose the gun and practice with it as much as you can so you know what to do with it in the hunting season.
- Buy your ammo early. Although it is not as important as the two tips that I mentioned above, if you are able to do this early, you are going to have a lot more time to do other stuff which is more important. A lot of hunting equipment shops now sell deer hunting bullets which is specialized in dealing with deer even with the biggest and fastest of them all. Buy the needed amount and stack them in your backpack beforehand so that you do not forget them on the day you venture in the wood to hunt.
- Check your documents. With each hunting season’s passing, the regulation for each hunting ground may be changed. As such, you should always check for any information regarding the rules for the hunting ground and see if there are any changes. Do not think that the same rules will be applied again and again for a place from seasons to seasons. It is a novice mistake. Moreover, if you for some reasons decide to change your hunting ground, you should make sure to obtain the necessary documents for access and hunting as well. Another thing you need to take into consideration is to check whether your hunting license has expired or not. If it does, it is now time to extend it. All of these documents related things should be taken care of in the preparation for the hunting season, which is why we strongly suggest you start to prepare about two months before the hunting season begins
- Lastly, you need to train your body. As a hunter, you are going to have to run a lot in order to track your prey as well as follow its trail in order to capture it. As such, this requires a great amount of endurance and strength, something you cannot have if you are just going to prepare for the hunt a few days before the hunting season. You are going to need to exercise a lot in months before the hunt in order to get your body in a perfect shape for hunting as well as make your body strong enough to run miles in the wood. The more you practice the better. And even after the hunting season has finished, you should not stop and neglect your training. It is advisable for you to keep practice, as much as you can, for the next hunting season. Who said deer hunting is an easy job?
In conclusion, as like other form of hunting, deer hunting requires a great deal of preparation beforehand in order to make the hunt a successful one. As such, for beginners and veterans alike, it is advisable for you all to keep in mind that the more preparation you manage to make during the period of time before the hunt, the better. By doing that, a successful hunt is going to be in your reach in no time.